Tuesday, November 27, 2012

 In the United States, we celebrate differences. We embrace those who are born with a special need.  Over and over again, I have watched friends and family members rally around someone with a child born with a disability. Complete strangers raise money to benefit a family with a child who has daunting medical problems and large medical bills.

Did you know there is a place where children are unloved and unwanted? A place where little ones go to bed each night without a kiss. Did you know that in many parts of the world children are thrown away because they are considered abnormal? Their needs are not special in their society. They are unacceptable. Parents are told they cannot or should not care for these children. I will not pretend to know each circumstance or what causes them to walk away from their child. I just know they do. And in doing so these children are left alone. Many of them in horrid circumstances. Just like this sweet girl. Take a moment and look at Zoey. She is six years old and weighs TEN pounds.  Oh how this girl needs the love of a family.




Reece's Rainbow is an organization that helps finance families who are led to adopt children with special needs. I learned about this little girl through Reece's Rainbow. She doesn't have much time, as you can clearly see. The only way she can only find a family is if her heartbreaking story is shared.  Click on the highlighted words Reece's Rainbow and you can learn more about this amazing charity and the children and families they bring together.

As I have mentioned, my family is advocating for a sweet boy who is orphaned and has down syndrome. We are hoping to raise $1000 by New Year's for Oscar.



 Now I know Christmas is coming, so I decided to help with your Christmas giving by giving away a Kindle Fire. Wouldn't that make a great for someone you know?
There are a couple of ways you can win...

1. Donate $5 or more to Oscar. Just click on the donate box on the top right of my blog and donate.     Then comment here, or on my Facebook page or send me a private message through Facebook letting me know you donated.   $5 = one entry
                                $10 = three entries
                                $15 (or more) = five entries
2. Share Zoey and Oscar. Either through my blog post or a blog post of your own, or on your Facebook page. (Or any other way you can think of - be creative!!) And again, leave a comment here or on Facebook letting me know how you shared.


Doesn't get much easier than that, right?? And you are helping two children who desperately need us.   Drawing for this giveaway will be on Tuesday December 11th so it will make it by Christmas and I will be using Random.org to draw.



10 comments:

  1. Done! I donated. Zoey breaks my heart. And that Oscar is just so stinking cute -- he needs a Momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donated to precious Oscar $50
    lgwilliams54@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I donated 10.00 to oscar.

    Stephanie Lynch
    (Stephanie Romine Lynch on fb)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will donate $5 to Oscar once my computer and Reece's Rainbows decide to cooperate together. I will try again once I finish this post. I promise it will be done even if it takes all day!
    Kathy
    sfyelm at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete